Federal adoption of Cloud Solutions is challenging due to the gaps that exist between an Agency defining what it wants/needs and identifying how a rapidly evolving commercial marketplace can help reduce costs, multiply force, and mitigate risks. As such, a need exists for a centralized knowledge base that addresses barriers to Federal IT Cloud adoption.
To this end, SIE is:
- raising awareness of what cloud solutions exist;
- performing requirements analysis for diligent consideration of solutions; and
- automating the development of customized acquisition packages that support informed cloud adoption decisions.
SIE is working with our Public Sector Partners to implement a solution that eliminates these barriers and facilitates a process where Contracting Officers:
- maintain a clear understanding of the depth and breadth of IT Cloud Solutions;
- are positioned to map their Agency needs to optimal cloud solutions; and
- are enabled to reflect their Agency’s needs against the backdrop of the current commercial Cloud marketplace.
SIE Consulting Group is dedicated to developing a repeatable process for Federal Cloud adoption – from discovery through implementation. We began this journey by working backwards from a desired end state where:
- Federal Agency officials leverage people, processes, and technology to migrate to cloud efficiently, effectively, and appropriately
- Lessons learned and best practices are captured and contained within a centralized portal available to all Federal employees
- Federal buyers benefit from lessons learned and best practices gleaned from similar purchases by their counterparts
- Federal buyers collaborate with each other beyond traditional boundaries
- Cloud Acquisition and Adoption portal evolves into a system of record, engagement, and insight